We're Hiring! Join the DAVIS team!
The Production Machine Operator will safely control various machines and equipment involved in production.
- Operates production machinery in accordance with prints and specifications. Assigned machines may include lathes, grinders, mills, and similar equipment.
- Produces the required quantity of parts within established specifications and tolerances.
- Measures finished parts with precision tools, ensuring compliance with function, quality, and cosmetic specifications.
- Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow directions and work well in a team.
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree OR completion of related apprenticeship program preferred.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- Completion of on-the-job training may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Prolonged periods working on feet, using tools, and performing repetitive actions that entail frequent bending and stooping.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts produced.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brandon, WI 53919: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person